38: Unwrapping my biggest 7 lessons turning 50!
Many people who turn 40, or 50 want to hide, however Renee believes that age is just a number and it comes down to how you think and feel and your relationship with time. Life is here – what we do with it is what counts.
So, here are Renee’s top 7 tips that’s she’s learned over the last 50 years to help you make each year count:
1. Walk your Own Path
- No-one is you, nor will they ever be you – embrace it! Embrace you!
- If you’re thinking about making a change – make sure your why to change is exceeding your ‘why not’ to change
2. Everything Happens for a Lesson
- Life throws us curve balls – what we do with them is what matters
- Ask yourself ‘What is the lesson, what is the gift in this?’
3. Learn Something New Everyday
- Renee’s mother always asked her: ‘What’s the best thing that has happened and what have you learned?’
- Are you getting outside of your comfort zone? It’s the only way you can grow.
4. Show Kindness and Gratitude
- You never know what is going on in another person’s life.
- Showing gratitude can cause a ripple effect and impact others in a way you’ll never know
5. Do What Lights You Up
- What gives you a pep in your step? Do that!
- Know what lights you up and bring it into your life as much as you can
6. Make a Start – Take Action
- If something feels right to you – pursue it
- You are the CEO of your life – only you can make things happen
7. See Challenges as Opportunities
- Challenges come at us no matter what – they can teach us so much if we’re willing to embrace them
- When we welcome the unwelcome – we can change our mindset to be open to new ways
Who we are and who we are continually becoming – continues to evolve as you become the best version of yourself.
To watch the podcast click on the image below.