2 Sides in 2 Minutes Communication Game for Connected Teams and Organisations
In this episode of Limitless Leaders Podcast, Renée Giarrusso speaks with her good friend and work colleague Shelley Flett – Leadership Trainer and Coach who works with individuals and teams to maximise efficiency and build high-performance cultures in all size organisations.
Shelley has operated her business successfully since 2015 after leaving a corporate career in customer service and operations. Shelley is a mum of three gorgeous children, and she loves to incorporate fun both at work and at play.
Listen as Renée and Shelley speak about the importance of communication and an exciting co-creation of a communication team game called 2 Sides in 2 Minutes, including why they conceptualised the game, along with tips you can apply in your life and leadership.
You can watch the podcast by clicking here or on the image below.
The Importance of COMMUNICATION:
“Communication Is the response you get. If you’re not getting the response you need – you need to shape and shift the message until you do.”
- We need to expand the way we focus on communication: 60% listening and 40% talking.
- Communication is not just about what you’re saying, how you’re saying it, and ensuring it is easily digestible; we also need to ensure we are present and listening to what is being said.
- Technology and virtual communication have caused distraction and disruption – we need to relearn the art of in-person communication.
2 Sides in 2 Minutes Game for Connected Teams and Organisations:
2 Sides in 2 Minutes was created to help teams connect, grow, boost communication skills and understand each other at a deeper level.
- Opens up the space to respect diversity of thoughts and opinions of others.
- Gives people the uninterrupted space to say what’s going on in their heads.
- Helps teams reconnect through cut-through communication.
- Each person pulls out a card and is prompted to speak what is on their mind for two minutes – sharing both pros and cons about that topic.
Why they created the Game:
- Recognition of the key challenges that leaders and team have in common, which the game helps develop.
- The need to go deeper than just surface-level communication where people are consistently in agreement with each other.
- Paves the way for disruptive conversations where healthy debates can be had. “Debate with intent trumps harmony for comforts sake,” as Renée says.
- A forum to appreciate and leverage the diversity of thoughts and ideas.
- The game identifies Twelve Key Communication Dimensions Renée and Shelley see every day that, if they were tweaked, could make a huge impact.
Feedback about 2 Sides in 2 Minutes Game: “It was fun, and it helps you appreciate the perspectives of other people in your team.”
- To find out more about the game, go to: www.2Sidesin2Minutes.com.au
- Our Leadership Breakfast, where you can try out and get a copy of the Game – November 17th, 8:30 am – 11:30 am. For more details, go to: www.2Sidesin2Minutes.com.au
- Connect with Shelley Flett on Linkedin
- Renée’s Leadership Programs
About Shelley Flett
Shelley Flett is a Leadership Trainer and Coach who works with individuals and teams to maximise efficiency and build high-performance cultures in all size organisations.
Shelley has operated her business successfully since 2015 after leaving a corporate career in customer service and operations. She is a mum of three gorgeous children, and she loves to incorporate fun both at work and at play.